1st Annual "Nutrition, Metabolism, and Disease" Symposium
This one-day symposium will be held at Cornell University on Tuesday, October 9th, 2012 in Biotech Building G10.
The goal of this symposium is to showcase the exciting and cutting edge research performed across various disciplines with talks by both faculty as well as graduate students and post-doctoral fellows. Research groups at Cornell University Ithaca campus are uniquely positioned to couple nutrition with metabolism and diseases.
- Nutrient Metabolism
- Disease Model Systems
- Poster Session/Happy Hour
- Keynote: Jeffrey E. Pessin (bio), Judy R. & Alfred A. Rosenberg Professorial Chair in Diabetes Research and Director of Diabetes Research Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Rick Cerione (bio), Ph.D., Professor, Pharmacology, Department of Molecular Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University
- Robin Davisson (bio), Ph.D., Professor, Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University
- Brian Lazzaro (bio), Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Entomology, Cornell University
- Sylvia Lee (bio), Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Molecular Biology & Genetics, Cornell University
- Ruth Ley (bio), Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Microbiology, Cornell University
- Hening Lin (bio), Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Cornell University
- Frank Schroeder (bio), Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Boyce Thompson Institute, Cornell University
- Martha Stipanuk (bio), Ph.D., Professor, Division of Nutritional Sciences, Cornell University
- Patrick Stover (bio), Ph.D., Professor/Director, Division of Nutritional Sciences, Cornell University
Registration is free. Breakfast and lunch are provided.